Looking for Medicare plans in Texas? Learn who’s eligible. What types of coverage is available. Compare your options. Easily find Medicare supplement plans in Texas. And get Medigap insurance quote comparisons.
Learn about Texas Medicare Insurance
Medicare is a federal health insurance program. To be eligible for Medicare in Texas, individuals must meet one of the following:
- 65 or older
- Under 65 with certain disabilities
- Individuals of any age with End-Stage Renal Disease
In 2015, there were 3,633,784 Medicare beneficiaries in Texas. Texas Medicare recipients are ranked 2nd in population in the United States.
Medicare Insurance in Texas
Seniors should be aware of their options when turning 65 and new to Medicare in Texas.
Part A and Medicare Part B:
- Part A is one of the main parts of Medicare. Part A is your hospital insurance.
- Part B is the second part of Medicare. Part B is your medical insurance. The 2021 standard premium for Part B in TX is $148.50. Medicare Part B helps cover doctors office visits. Durable medical equipment. Outpatient surgery. Physical Therapy. Preventive services. And more. There’s a $203 annual deductible for Medicare Part B. Then it’s 80/20 coinsurance.
Texas Medicare Plans:
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plans – In 2021, there were 34 Part D Prescription Drug Plans offered to Texas Medicare beneficiaries. Choose between 17 insurance companies to enroll with. Some companies have multiple drug plans to choose from (that is why there are 34 plans available). Contact Retirement Transitions for Prescription Drug help.
- Medicare Advantage Plans (MAPD) – In 2021, there were 126 different types of Medicare Advantage Plans available in TX. Availability of Medicare plans in Texas depends on your location.
- Medicare Supplement (Medigap Insurance) – There are 10 standardized Medicare Supplement plans available in Texas: Plans A, B, C, D, G, F, K, L, M, and N.
The costs of Medicare plans depend on your service location, availability of the plan, and which insurance companies offer that plan in Texas. More information can be attained by calling Medicare.
Compare Medicare Supplement Plans in Texas (Medigap) & Quotes
Compare Texas Medicare supplement plans, coverage, and quotes from multiple insurance companies. All you have to do is enter your age, birthday, gender, and tobacco user or not.
Comparing rates from Medicare supplement insurance companies can save you a lot of money. This is because the benefits for each specific Medigap plan stays the same no matter which company you apply with.
Medicare Supplemental rates vary with zip codes. For example, the cost for Medicare Supplement plans in Dallas, TX could cost more (or less) than plans in Austin, TX. However, the coverage options remain the same. This is why it’s important to get a Medigap quote comparison.
Some popular Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies in Texas include:
- Aetna – Underwritten by Continental Life Insurance Company (CLI)
- Cigna – American Retirement Life Insurance Company (ARLIC)
- Equitable Medicare Supplements
Get a Texas Medicare supplement quote comparison online free or call Retirement Transitions to speak with a Medicare Insurance Specialist.
*Data from CMS dashboard.