Medicare Supplement Plan A | Medigap Plan A – Insurance Coverage and Details
Medicare supplement Plan A provides the most basic coverage out of the 10 Medigap plans available. If you’re looking for an affordable Medigap plan that helps pay Medicare Part A and Part B coinsurance, Plan A may be the best plan for you.
Medigap Plan A Covers
- Hospitalization days 61-90 ($341 a day in 2019)
- Hospitalization while using 60 lifetime reserve days, days 91-150 ($682 a day in 2019)
- Additional 365 days (100% of Medicare Eligible Expenses)
- First 3 pints of blood
- Hospice (Medicare Co-payment/Coinsurance)
- Remainder of Medicare-Approved Part B services (Generally 20%)
Medigap Plan A Doesn’t Cover
- Medicare Part A Deductible ($1,364 in 2019)
- Beyond the Additional 365 hospitalization days
- Skilled Nursing Facility Care days 21-100 ($170.50 a day in 2019)
- Skilled Nursing Facility Care days 101 and after
- Medicare Part B Deductible ($185)
- Medicare Part B Excess Charges that are above Medicare-approved amounts
- Foreign Travel
This is a brief outline of what Medicare supplement Plan A does and doesn’t cover. Refer to the Medicare supplemental plans comparison chart for what Plan A does and doesn’t cover.
Medicare Plan A Policy Costs
Plan A is one of the most affordable plans because it provides the least amount of benefits. If you’re comparing costs between the comprehensive Plan F and the basic Plan A, you will find quite the difference in prices.
Buying a Medicare Supplement Plan A Policy
You have reviewed the benefits of coverage that Plan A provides and now you’re ready to enroll into the “A” plan. Plan A is standardized, which means that every company who sells Plan A must have the exact same benefits. The biggest difference between insurance companies who offer Plan A is the costs. This doesn’t mean that you need to call every insurance company who offers the plan, that’s too time consuming…but smart. We recommend giving us a call and we will get you a print-out of quotes from almost every major insurance company who offers Plan A in your area. The best Plan A rates will be listed first and the highest priced company is listed last.
Applying for Medicare Supplement Plan A
Now that you’ve found a plan, found a company with low Plan A rates in your area, now you’re ready to apply for a policy. Applying for a plan can be done a few different ways:
- Face-to-face appointment with a Medicare supplement insurance specialist.
- Over the phone application. 1-855-594-0237 or local (402) 805-4626
- An application through certified mail. (We pay the application mailing cost for you.)
All of our services are free of charge. If you’re already are enrolled in Medicare supplement Plan A, it’s not too late to start comparing rates from multiple companies who offer the plan in your area and start saving money.