Guidance for individuals with Medicare to better understand Medicare Supplement Plans – Medigap Insurance
An easy resource for understanding Medicare Supplement Insurance.
Medigap Eligibility Requirements
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
- Most States: 65 or older: Can be 64 and covered during 65 birthday month
- No Medical Underwriting during Medigap Open Enrollment or Guarantee Issue Right
Medigap Insurance Basics
- Sold by Private Insurance Companies
- Help Fill Gaps in Original Medicare
- Not a Medicare Advantage Plan
- Does Not Include Drug Coverage
- Supplemental Coverage is Optional, not mandatory
- Medigap Plans are Standardized
- Only Covers One Individual (Spouse needs their own policy)
Medigap Coverage and Benefits (Depending on Plan)
- Medigap plans pays after Original Medicare pay for services
- Pays Part A and Part B Insurance Deductible (depending on plan)
- Pays Original Medicare Copays
- Supplemental Pays Medicare Coinsurance from services: Usually the 20%
Medicare Supplement Plans | Medigap Plans
- Plan A – Different than Medicare Part A. This is a gap plan
- Plan B – This is different from Medicare Part B. Plan B is a Medicare Supplemental Insurance Policy.
- Plan C – Don’t get this confused with Part C of Medicare. Part C of Medicare is a Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Plan D – Not Prescription Drug Coverage (Part D). This is Medigap insurance.
- Plan F – The most comprehensive plan.
- Plan G – The best value plan. Recommended.
- Plan K
- Plan L
- Plan M
- Plan N
Cost of Medigap Coverage
- Cost is usually the only difference between the insurance companies and benefits (standardized plans)
- Attained-Age-Rated: insurance premium (cost) is based on current age. Price goes up as you get older.
- Tobacco users usually cost more
- Males generally pay more than Females for their Medicare Supplement Insurance plan
How to Compare Medigap Rates from Multiple Insurance Companies
- View Rates›
- Click the link above to view Medicare Supplement Insurance Rates and compare the cost for Medigap Plan F
- You won’t be called or emailed by submitting personal information.
- We put you in the driver’s seat.
- Access supplemental insurance rates with or without a specialist
Retirement Transitions Medigap Specialist
- Trained and Licensed Agents
- Available for free to answer questions and provide guidance
- Unbiased Specialist
- Helpful and not annoying
- Provide Service Before and After you apply for a plan
- Prescription Drug (Part D) Assistance
- Awesome Customer Service. No more waiting on hold.
- Local Specialist Appointments Available
Our code at Retirement Transitions is to make you feel comfortable when shopping for Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap). We’ve made a rule not to invade your personal space like most sales people do. You should feel comfortable and confident before talking with a sales person or specialist about the future of your healthcare insurance. We aren’t your typical Insurance specialist, more of a consumer advocate.
How to Enroll into a Medigap Plan
- Finish most of the Medicare Supplemental Policy paperwork online without speaking with an agent
- Call toll-free 1-855-594-0237 to enroll with an unbiased Medigap Specialist
- Request an application to be mailed to you with PRE-PAID postage.
- Print the application from email and return.
- Face-to-face appointment to complete paperwork
Retirement Transitions wants to make you feel comfortable when you’re ready for enrollment into a Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan (Medigap).
Medigap Plan Service States
301 S 70th St, Suite 126
Lincoln, NE 68510